What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts as follows:
We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
We also offer overdraft protection plans , such as a link to another Texas Bank and Trust account, or line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
How do the standard overdraft practices work with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- Recurring debit card transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction MAY be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Texas Bank and Trust pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We charge a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no overdraft/return item fee when you overdraw your account by $10.00 or less on any one business day.
- We limit the total overdraft item fees we will charge you for overdrawing your account to six (6) items, or $180.00 on any one business day.
What if I want Texas Bank and Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions, simply opt in by completing the form below or printing the form and returning it to any Texas Bank and Trust branch location, or mailing it to: Texas Bank and Trust, P.O. Box 3188, Longview, Texas 75606. You can also opt in by calling 1-800-263-7013, then press 0, or 903-252-3156.