Preparing for retirement for you and your employees is one of the most critical areas of planning for a business owner or manager today.
By working with the Retirement Plan Services group of Texas Bank and Trust, you can have peace of mind, knowing that we adhere to a fundamental set of values, including confidentiality, safety and security of assets, and an unwavering commitment to professional excellence.
Through a strategic consulting approach, our dedicated team of retirement plan professionals will assist you every step of the way in designing a retirement plan unique to your circumstances while providing guidance and support through the complex rules and regulations governing employee benefit plans.
Our unparalleled personalized service combines customized plan administration with flexible investment options.
Working together with you, TBT Retirement Plan Services will:
- Customize our prototype plan document to meet the needs of your individual business
- Conduct employee meetings to educate your staff about legal requirements, tax benefits, investment strategies, and retirement benefits
- Handle government administrative matters and filings
- Prepare all reports and employee communications required by law
- Safe keep assets and account for all income and distributions
- Provide mutual fund research and recommendations
- Update asset allocation models
Profit Sharing Plans
Profit Sharing Plans offer both design flexibility and discretion for making contributions. Employer contributions are flexible and may be allocated in a number of ways. The employer may make a discretionary contribution each year, which can be subject to a vesting schedule.
These plans use allocation methods which allow the employer to select classes of employees that provide for different contribution allocation levels for each group. If the nondiscrimination tests are met, the employer can allocate a larger proportionate share of the company’s contribution to specific employees the employer wishes to benefit the most.
A 401(k) plan is a type of profit sharing plan that includes an elective salary deferral provision. The employer typically has the ability to make a matching contribution that is tied to the elective salary deferral, as well as a profit sharing contribution which is allocated to all eligible participants. Employees can make tax-deferred contributions or after-tax Roth contributions.
Safe Harbor Plan
A type of 401(k) plan under which an employer is not required to perform nondiscrimination testing of elective contributions or matching contributions by meeting certain employer contribution requirements and provide for 100 (%) percent immediate vesting of these contributions.
A 401(k) plan for companies with less than 100 employees under which an eligible employer no longer needs to be concerned with discrimination testing or with top-heavy rules. However, there are levels of employer contributions, lower elective deferral limit and 100 (%) percent vesting of employer contributions.
Leveraging our experience and expertise, we can provide assistance with all facets of your company’s retirement plan. Through our customized services we can ensure your retirement program will continually adapt to the evolving needs of you and your employees.
Plan Design & Administration
- Local, Personalized Service
- State-Of-The-Art Record Keeping
- Annual Qualifications Testing
Annual Top Heavy
Age 70 ½ Monitoring
- Prototype Documents
- Summary Plan Descriptions
- Tax Reporting
Tax Form 1099-R Preparation
Tax Form 5500 Preparation
Employee Education & Communication
- Conduct On-Site Enrollment Meetings
- Ongoing Plan Information and Reporting
- Online Account Access for Sponsor/Employee
- Review Balance and Investment Information
- Transfer Funds
- Change Investment Elections and Allocations
Flexible Employer Plan Options
- Profit Sharing Plans
- 401(k) Plans
- SIMPLE Plans
- Cross-Tested Plans
- Safe Harbor Plans